About Hi-Way House
The Hi-Way House had its humble beginnings when Belle Webb Beatie purchased Hansen's Tavern in 1940. Over the next few years, business was lean as the country was swept up in World War II following the attack on Pearl Harbor. However, it didn't take long to become a favorite dining destination situated along historic US Highway 30, the Hi-Way House became a popular spot for travelers and locals alike.
The 50s saw the Hi-Way House booming with support from the many construction crews working on The Dalles Dam and over the next several decades, it became a weekend favorite of farm families from the surrounding counties.