About The Dalles Dairy Queen
TO BE THE WORLD'S FAVORITE QUICK-SERVICE RESTAURANT
TO CREATE POSITIVE MEMORIES FOR ALL WHO TOUCH DQ
- 1940: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in Joliet, Illinois.
- 1949: Malts and shakes debut.
- 1951: Banana splits appear on the menu.
- 1953: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in Canada.
- 1955: The Dilly Bar debuts.
- 1957: The Dairy Queen Brazier concept is introduced.
- 1959: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in Panama.
- 1962: International Dairy Queen, Inc. (IDQ) is formed.
- 1968: The Buster Bar Treat appears on the menu.
- 1971: Peanut Buster Parfait debuts on the menu.
- 1979: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in the Middle East.
- 1984: Partnership with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and Children's Miracle Network begins.
- 1985: Blizzard Treats are introduced.
- 1988: IDQ purchases Orange Julius Brand
- 1991: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in Mexico.
- 1992: First Dairy Queen restaurant opens in China.
- 1995: DQ Treatzza Pizza and Chicken Strip Basket debut.
- 1998: IDQ was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- 2003: The Blizzard of the Month program kicks off.
- 2005: Grill Burgers are introduced.
- 2006: First Miracle Treat Day in Canada and the U.S.
- 2010: Mini Blizzard Treats are introduced.
- 2015: The DQ system celebrates its 75th Anniversary.
- 2018: DQ mobile app launches.
- 2019: First DQ restaurant with the Next Gen design opens.
- 2020: The Non-Dairy Dilly Bar debuts.
- Grill and Chill Location
International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation and Dairy Queen Canada, Inc. Through its subsidiaries, IDQ develops, licenses, and services a system of more than 7,000 locations in the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. ICQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor, and CEO of Berkshire.