Toole Carter Tissot & Coats LLP

For over a century, this firm has served the people of the Mid-Columbia area with trusted advice. The law firm of Toole Carter Tissot & Coats LLP, traces its roots back to 1917, when Robert C. Bradshaw began his practice in The Dalles, Oregon. In 192...

Learn More View Our Digital Displays

About Toole Carter Tissot & Coats LLP


About Us

For over a century, this firm has served the people of the Mid-Columbia area with trusted advice. The law firm of Toole Carter Tissot & Coats LLP, traces its roots back to 1917, when Robert C. Bradshaw began his practice in The Dalles, Oregon. In 1924, Bradshaw was joined by F.L. Phipps. The two practiced law together until Bradshaw left to join a leading Portland law firm.

Up until about 1930, the firm was located in the old French & Company Bank Building at the southeast corner of Second and Washington, now known as the Gayer Building.

F.L. Phipps was later joined by his son, Charles A. Phipps, in 1946. Donald F. Dunn joined the firm in 1954, as an associate. In 1960, Don became a partner, and the firm name became Phipps, Phipps & Dunn. From 1933 to 1964, the office was located upstairs in the Pioneer Building at the northeast corner of Second and Washington.

From 1964, to December 1977, the firm was located in the Minnick Building at the northwest corner of Fourth and Washington Streets. In 1977, the partners built the current office building of the firm, located at 112 W. 4th Street.

Charles K. Toole joined the firm as an associate in June 1982, and became a partner in 1986, when the firm name was changed to Phipps, Dunn & Toole.

Andrew Carter joined the firm as an associate in 1987, after having served as a Deputy District Attorney of Wasco County for three years.

Antoine Tissot joined as partner in 2016, and the firm name was change to its current name, Toole Carter Tissot & Coats LLP.

The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce
A PROUD MEMBER OF

The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce

Scan to access our Mobile App or Click to Save to QR